The Healthy Aging Program is designed to promote overall well-being and enhance the quality of life for older adults. It incorporates various activities and classes specifically tailored to address the unique needs and challenges of aging individuals.
- Silver Fit Classes: The program includes two Silver Fit classes per week. Silver Fit is a group exercise program that focuses on improving cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, and strength. These classes are designed to be enjoyable and suitable for older adults, incorporating low-impact exercises and modifications as needed.
- Strength Circuit with a Personal Trainer: Once a week, participants engage in a strength circuit training session led by a personal trainer. This session is designed to improve muscle strength, endurance, and balance. The trainer guides participants through a series of exercises using resistance machines, free weights, or bodyweight exercises, ensuring proper form and technique.
- Fall Prevention Program: Falling is a significant concern for older adults, and the program includes a fall prevention component. This may involve educational sessions and practical exercises to improve balance, coordination, and stability. Participants learn strategies to reduce the risk of falls and enhance their safety in everyday activities.
- Tai Chi Class: Tai Chi is a gentle, low-impact exercise that combines slow and flowing movements with deep breathing and mindfulness. The program includes regular Tai Chi classes, which promote balance, flexibility, relaxation, and mental well-being. Tai Chi can help improve posture, reduce stress, and enhance overall physical and mental resilience.
- Chair Yoga Class: Chair yoga is a modified form of yoga that is performed while seated or using a chair for support. It focuses on gentle stretching, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques. Chair yoga helps improve flexibility, mobility, and strength, while also promoting stress reduction and mental clarity.
By incorporating a variety of classes and activities, the Healthy Aging Program aims to provide a well-rounded approach to senior fitness and well-being. It focuses on maintaining and improving physical health, preventing falls, and enhancing mental and emotional wellness.
Balance & Coordination
IFitness program that focuses on static and dynamic balance and coordination exercises using a line of chairs for support. Also use the foam pads for those that need more challenge. Instructor is a Physical Therapist with experience working with people with various abilities doing different activities.
Designed to help older adults reduce their risk of falls and increase their confidence in their ability to carry out everyday activities. The program involves a series of four two-hour sessions that are led by trained facilitators.
Balance : 2-2:30
Balance : 2-2:30